Saturday, December 2, 2017

Animal Crackers - Big Brown Eyes just melt my Heart

Howdy -

Well last week the three standard Donkeys finally talked "Dad" into a large round bale of hay of their very own. You see we try and get everyone to graze as much as they can. Healthier for them and the more they graze the less costly hay they consume. The ladies in the back are now getting their round bale every 8-9 days.. men in the front pasture... well they are slower at chowing down their 1st bale. So last week Hubby went off with the trailer to pick up two huge round bales. We had thought about putting in a different pen, but when one bale got left on the trailer overnight... well the three standards were having an all you can eat buffet the next morning. There really isn't too much for grazing here now. The lack of rain has not cooperated with the warmer fall weather here to keep things growing. So since these three standard or three stooges.. have us wrapped around their hooves. They ended up scoring a bale of their very own. All to themselves to enjoy, and besides how could you take it away from this face?

Seriously.. look at those eyes! Those big brown eyes just melt my heart. A grown up man.. this boy is the biggest baby of all times. When he gets lost from his Momma Cocoa and buddy Ted he just totally falls apart and the ground shakes with him running and screaming to find them. 99% of the time they are hiding in the brush watching and snickering at the poor guy. He is such a love!

Now I tried to get his Momma Cocoa to look over for a face shot of her and her big bale of hay... but nope. All I got was a munching sound and I swear I could hear her say "Mom... no time for a camera now, chomp chomp... I have to eat this bale of hay while I still have it!" Can't believe how Gray her face is turning.....


It will take them a little time to realize that "Dad" isn't going to take it away from them. Usually they steal a few bites while it is on the trailer and then it is placed in a pen away from them. But this bale is all theirs! 

Now I did have a talking to Teddy...

If he doesn't start eating from the top and different locations it is going to fall over on him! He is cute... but not too smart!

Lizzie was enjoying the sunset and a very full belly herself. The weather has been so warm here lately and well beautiful for this time of year that everyone has been out in it and eating more.


Lizzie was stretched out just chillin' and enjoying the evening. LOL

Found Momma Cat sitting out as well... all though I think she honestly had just gotten up from one of those famous afternoon cat naps.


She wants so bad to have some head scratching. She has gotten so good and staying still and not running off when I come up to their cat house. But the moment you open up the door to come in bam! She is off to other end of the pen. One day Momma... maybe you will let me rub you. Rescue kitties have trust issues you know.

How funny is this guy?


Turned away from the cathouse and found Sergio frantically trying to get my attention. Love this shot, with the bars of the fence holding his ears down he has that Mohawk look! But don't let him hear you make fun of him... nope this "Man" is all stud! LOL But he will always be my little orphan bottle baby!

Then I see Moxie... you see I told her to be patient that I would get her dinner as soon as I got photographs taken...


You see patient is not a word this little ball of energy knows at all! I was so surprised to see her being so still down like that. Of course as soon as I said her name and asked her if she was ready for me to heat up some left over turkey for her... ZAP a streak of lightning she was running a million miles an hour all over everywhere! This girl loves her Thanksgiving turkey! I made sure to freeze up a few little baggies for her to enjoy for a while as I do not make giant Turkeys that often. And it is a favorite of hers! And yes... Moxie is loved and spoiled!

Hope you got a smile this week and enjoyed a few photos of my fur babies.
Have a wonderfully blessed weekend -
HUGS and


2 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Good Morning. The standards do look like they where enjoying that hay1 yep, I can see where it would be hard to say no to any of those faces and big brown eyes. Have a wonderful weekend.

Marilyn said...

What a life these poor animals have!
I always look forward to these feel-good Saturday morning posts and it's so heartwarming to see them all loved so much.